Iona is registered in the Republic of Cyprus and operates under the Cyprus Law.
The company is involved in recruiting, employing and placing crewmembers on vessels under contractual agreements, and manages the crew on behalf of the owners.
Our aim is to recruit crew who are interested in a long term career with IONA SHIPMANAGEMENT LTD
Our crew management services can be summarised as follows :
- Recruitment of seafarers of various being certified in accordance with IMO requirements, specifically as STCW and ISM codes.
- Arrangement of all Flag State Documents irrespective of which flag the vessel is registered under.
- Supply of working clothes for crew
- Travel arrangements for joining and disembarking crew. We are able to offer competitive marine fares through our travel office Marine Wings Air Ticket Professional Ltd, based in Limassol
- Remittance of monthly home alloments, final wages and leave pay of officers and crew
- P & I Insurance including handling of all claims
- Cash Box Insurance
- Crew Supervision – performance evaluation and efficiency
Type of Management We work by Management Agreements, where we impose a fixed Monthly Management Fee. Wages, payrolls, crew changes and other relevant expenses are presented to the Owners on a “cost plus” basis, with full documentations. Through our many years of experience in this business, this has proven to be the most effective way of operation, especially from the viewpoint of the Ship-owner who can thus trace all documented costs.